Saturday 14 June 2008

Following On In The Recipe Vein: Fat Free Recipes

Last week I wrote about a wheat free recipe for a gorgeous chocoate cake that I'd found. I made it again in the week and I'm going to have to lose the recipe I think because I can't seem to get enough of the stuff! I have a sweet tooth anyway but too much cake is not that good for you... especially i it is wheat free but not fat free... which got me thinking!

I then went on a hunt for good fat free recipes;. I'd heard plenty about them but I'd never actually found one that was completely fat free. in fact, I didn't think it was possible to find any kind of substantial food that had no fat at all in it. Well, I was wrong! I actually found a great recipe for cakes again but this time a fat free rather than wheat free one.

The recipe I found was for fat free muffins. I laughed when I found it because I was sure that they would have no taste at all, or alternatively taste like cardboard. out of curiosity, I made them anyway and was surprised to find that they were actually really good. I made a few blueberry ones at first and then tried chocolate chip muffins. Both were delicious and some of them are now in my freezer because the recipe actually caters for that.

If you'd like to try making them for yourself then you can find the Fat Free Muffins recipe at the link. They're really simple to make and take around 30 minutes, including baking time. Enjoy!

No comments:

Google