Sunday 18 January 2009

Take Care Of Your Skin With Natural Makeup

The skin is often one of the most neglected organs of the body. We use it and abuse it in many circumstances by exposing it to the sun without protection. We also use harsh chemicals on it every day when we wash because some of the cheaper shower gels, face creams and other similar products have added extras that are hardly soft and gentle! As such, you need to take care of your skin. You need to protect it and if you can do so then you will slow down the aging process by maintaining its hydration and offering a little respite to the cells.

I actually wrote this post because I read an article about some of the new natural skin care products available today. I had no idea that some companies were developing natural products with organc ingredients to work in harmony with the skin. Of course, I've heard about stores that offer natural remedies but most of those sell raw ingredients rather than the complete product. Even high profile stores that do not test on animals do not offer completely natural products.

There were several companies featured but one stood out in the article. This was largely because they offered so much more information about the products they offer in terms of how they work and what is in them. Some of the other natural skin care companies only talked about the range of products they sell but Astara Skin Care gave full details about their products. I am always sceptical when companies only tell you what they think you need to know rather than giving you an in depth look at their products so I'll be giving the others a miss but may try Astara Skin Care because their systems impressed me.

Their organic skin care products are specifically designed to offer healthier skin in a completely natural way and thus stave off the aging process as well. The natural ingredients provide nutrition and allow the skin to self heal more effectively than it otherwise would. I would normally be a little suspicious of this because it is such a massive assertion, but the botanical ingredients that are used have been scientifcally proven to offer highly benficial results. The delivery system is also effective so nothing gets lost in transit!

I also liked the inclusion of Totara Tree Essence in the ingredients list. it is expensive but is better than Tea Tree Oil for your skin. It is an antioxidant and reduced bacterial activity on the skin far quicker and more effectively than Tea Tree Oil does.

You should always check out what you are putting on your skin. I am not all for the expensive products in any way but I have to say that I do not like putting synthetic products on my skin. Always look at the company as well as the ingredients label so you can make an informed decision that is best for your skin!

1 comment:

Anderburf said...

The more research I do the more important I know it is to use more natural products on my skin. Garden Girl offers a great line of skin and body products that are effective without using parabens, sulfates, phthalates or petroleum products. Find them at http://www.gardengirlskincare.com.

Google