Tuesday 29 July 2008

Go Bananas For Headache Home Remedies

Today has been a non-entity from start to finish. I have had a major headache all day long thanks to being tired, this horribly humid heat we're having here at the moment and a little stress on my part. Working for myself is a nightmare when it's coming up to holiday time. We're off to Sorrento, Italy in a few weeks and I have to work overtime beforehand to take the time off because I work for myself. As such, I've just spent the last three hours trying headache home remedies.

Let me tell you that most of the headache home remedies out there do not work. All of those potions and teas only go so far. They took the edge off my headache but it soon returned with a vengence. One of the headache home remedies I do recommend staying away from is the one that requires you to place your hands in hot water for a few minutes. All it does is make you desperate to use the bathroom!

The most effective of the headache home remedies is one that I did not expect - eating a banana. Apparently, if you eat a banana then the potassium helps to relieve the pressure somehow and that will get rid of your headache within 30 minutes. I was very skeptical but it actually worked! Try it next time you have a headache because I guarantee that it will at least ease it if not take it away completely.

1 comment:

Cascia Talbert said...

Do bananas work good on migraine headaches? I've never heard about putting your hand in hot water before.

Cascia @ Healthy Moms

Google