Friday 8 August 2008

Weight Loss Treatment: Buyer Beware?

I don't know about you but I could do with losing a little weight. I've actually had a lot of weight problems this year as a result of health problems. What started out as unbelievable stress ended up as PCOS and a whole lot of extra pounds. Now, my husband and myself actually want to start a family in the near future and I'm obviously trying to get my system sorted out as a result of that. I've been dieting and exercising for some months now and the pounds are slowly starting to fall off. However, one of my friends recommended that I tried diet pills. At the time I laughed at her and refused point blank to entertain the idea.

I must say that I've been having second thoughts though.

I know that it takes a long time to lose weight and I wouldn't have minded putting it all on had I exercised less and ate more but my routine did not change one little bit. Although I'm not entirely desperate to lose weight to the point of being silly and starving myself, I started looking into getting a helping hand. In fact, I started reading up on various research and found The Online Clinic. I was amazed to find that they actually require you to have a consultation with one of the doctors first. I have to say that I always assumed that those sites would just sell you any old pills without it so this was a little reassuring. They're also regulated by the Medicines and Healthcare Regulatory Agency. If that isn't enough, they've also got a panel at the bottom of the homepage telling you how to go about avoiding scams!

Apparently, the also only sell weight solutions that are completely safe and have been rigorously tested as well, such as Acomplia and Reductil. I'm still not sure whether or not to go down this route but the figures related to the former were very interesting. Apparently, during the trials, 50.8% of all people on that medication lost 5% of their body weight over a 12-month period. That is pretty impressive!

If you've ever had good experiences with this sort of thing then let me know because I'd love to know how they helped.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taking diet pills is very dangerous both for your health and psyche. I have watched a film "Requiem for a Dream". It really reveals much. I advise you to watch it.

Lou said...

Thanks for your comment and opinion. That's what I was worried about. I haven't seen the film but I'll do that.

Thanks again

Google