Wednesday 27 August 2008

5 Things That Make Me Smile When I'm Down

Lately I've been feeling extemely down. Everyone gets like that once in a while and it can seem like a lifetime before you finally manage to drag yourself out of it. The credit crunch is taking it toll on our household and I, like many others, am absolutely fed up of struggling all the time. I wouldn't go as far as to say my mental health is suffering but I haven't been doing all I can to feel better. As such, I decided to make a list of the 5 things that tend to make me feel better when life isn't going as I planned:

1 - Chocolate - Every woman's favourite. Lazing on the sofa in my pyjamas with a bar of chocolate and a cup of coffee tends to work a treat, at least temporarily!

2 - A Hot Bath - Now I know it's not good for you but I love my baths hotter than the sun when you get into them, the type that you have to ease into inch by inch. Some lavender bubble bath and a good book = an hour or two well spent.

3 - Playing With My Dogs - I have 2 dogs and the pup is a clown. I love playing with them and spending time with them and they both have the ability to cheer me up no end.

4 - A Cuddle - My husband gives the best cuddles! A cuddle makes me feel loved and helps to block out the world for a little while.

5 - A Good Movie - I love relaxing in front of a good DVD. I like romantic comedies because they provide great escapism but then any film will do at times!

Of course, not all of the above will apply to everyone but my best tip at the moment is just to take a little time out and do something you enjoy. At the end of the day, nothing is ever as bad as it seems so enjoying yourself for a while will give you a different perspective. Cliched maybe, but very true!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I don't know how you're feeling today, but you should buy some chocolate and rent the romantic comedy "I Could Never Be Your Woman" with Michelle Pfeiffer and Paul Rudd... :)

Google