Tuesday 2 September 2008

Can Alternative Cancer Treatments Work?

It is a well-known fact that the incidence of cancer is up these days. The reported cases in countries around the world seem to increase every year, and that especially applies to first world countries. There are all kinds of arguments as to why this is the case; from the better medical knowledge we have now to the ability to detect cancer via technology. However, I believe that the world we live in contributes to it. The poor diets, the genetics, the general lifestyle and the stress we are all under undoubtedly have an effect.

My mother had breast cancer twice in her early thirties, just like my great grandmother before her. My mom survived via a mixture of chemotherapy, radiotherapy, determination and surgery to remove her ovaries. My great grandmother wasn’t so lucky but then little was known about cancer back then. However, my mom really suffered and was so sick that when I read about these alternative cancer treatments I do wonder whether they actually work.

Alternative cancer treatment comes in a huge variety of guises. They often include detoxification of the body, nutritional monitoring, lymph drainage and stress management amongst other things. A good alternative cancer center provides a whole range of treatments in general. However, an even better one will also have oncologists on board too. I am a little sceptical as to whether alternative cancer treatment will work or not but for the amount of women especially surviving cancer as a result of them these days, it seems like anything is possible! They certain emerge with healthier bodies and less in terms of mental strain.

I admire anyone fighting cancer with the will and determination to make it through. I also wish anyone suffering from cancer all the best because the struggle they have on their hands is not easy, but one thing I would say is take the advantage wherever you can. My mom did and I have no idea as to what I would do without her now.

No comments:

Google